Twitter Facebook Instagram

Sign up for email updates from Visit Henrico

Forest Lodge

Location(s): 
The cupola and columns are the last remaining architectural elements from this former six-story resort hotel, built in 1880 by Capt. John Cussons, a native Englishman, Confederate scout, author and entrepreneur. Forest Lodge was situated on 1000 acres with gardens, a hunting preserve, ponds stocked with fish, and a park populated with deer and peacocks. The resort boasted over 100 guestrooms, a grand ballroom, boating facilities and a theatre. Cussons envisioned the Lodge as a popular train stop between New York and Florida.
1 of 1
Back to
Top