Henrico County attracts millions of visitors each year. Our restaurants are award winning, our attractions are varied, and our location is ideal. With so many reasons to love Henrico, it was just a matter of time before folks took notice. Here are a few of our best reviews.
- Travel + Leisure magazine put the Richmond region at No. 3 on its list of the 50 Best Places to Travel in the world in 2016.
- Frommer’s voted Richmond Top 2014 Destination. Located in the heart of the U.S. Atlantic Coast, Henrico County, Virginia is a thriving, suburban community in the Richmond region that encompasses approximately a third of the metropolitan area. Surrounding the city on three sides, Henrico is conveniently located within a day’s drive of half of the country’s population.
- If it’s great food you crave, you’ve come to the right place. Henrico offers more than 500 restaurants, ranging from Southern and French cuisine to Irish and American grub. Prefer Asian food? Try Peter Chang, it made Bon Appétit’s 50 Best New Restaurants of 2012 list.
- Beer lovers, you’re in luck. Henrico-based Mekong was voted #1 Great American Beer Bar in America two years in a row by craftbeer.com. Strangeways Brewing, a unique Henrico spot was just named one of Bon Appétit’s 10 New U.S. Breweries to Watch. “Exquisitely peculiar craft beer” is the guiding principle at Strangeways, where the taproom regularly features 25 mind-bending beers
- Richmond Raceway is one of the most popular facilities among NASCAR drivers and fans in all of motorsports.
- If golf is your passion, enjoy a round at one of Henrico's seven golf courses. Be sure to check out Belmont, Henrico County’s own 18-hole course. Belmont Golf Course hosted the 1949 PGA Championship, won by the legendary Sam Snead.